SUPREMAX® offers a similar range of properties to BOROFLOAT® floated glass, but is available in much greater thicknesses. SCHOTT’s rolled production process enables these larger dimensions, while providing a large variety of advantages such as thermal and chemical resistance, as well as first-rate transparency.
A technical flat rolled glass with outstanding physical and chemical properties. SCHOTT SUPREMAX® offers the benefits of low thermal expansion and excellent light transmission. SUPREMAX® is also available in a generous range of thicknesses (28.6 mm to 57.2 mm).
- Low thermal expansion (CTE: 3.25 x 10-6 K-1).
- Excellent thermal resistance of up to 500 °C for shorter periods and 450 °C in the long-term.
- Stunning light transmission from UV to near infrared.
- Low density (12 % lighter than soda-lime glass).
- Excellent chemical durability.