SCHOTT NEXTREMA®: glass-ceramic developed and designed
for extreme conditions
Technical glass-ceramic with thermal and chemical resistance as well as mechanical strength and visual versatility
NEXTREMA® glass-ceramic combines the benefits of technical special glass with the properties of high-temperature materials. NEXTREMA® is THE solution for new product ideas. From flat to shaped, from thin to thick: NEXTREMA® possesses outstanding material properties that vary by format and thickness. This resistant glass-ceramic from SCHOTT impresses not least thanks to its temperature shock resistance.
Technical glass-ceramic for all fields of industrial and product design
The international technology group offers its NEXTREMA® glass-ceramic in six attractive material types. Different material colors open up completely new possibilities for innovative, versatile and robust design. Whether transparent, translucent or opaque: designers, engineers and consumers choose the look and transmission degree that matches their needs and design preferences most closely. You could say that NEXTREMA® gives technical functionality a whole new look and leaves a lasting impression.
NEXTREMA®: an overview of unique properties
- Resilient at high temperatures: temperature resistance depending on the according type of up to 950 °C; heat-resistant custom glass-ceramic: ideal for use in high-temperature processes
- Excellent temperature shock resistance of up to 820 °C (depending on the NEXTREMA® type)
- Near zero linear thermal expansion/heat expansion coefficient
- Chemically resistant to acids, bases and corrosion-resistant special glass according to DIN 12116, ISO 695, and DIN ISO 719
- Mechanically resilient: high intrinsic mechanical strength of up to 165 MPa – no thermal toughening necessary
- IR specialist with six unique transmission profiles across the entire wavelength range
- Process inert: no undesirable interactions in accordance to the mentioned properties between the glass-ceramic and the environment in demanding processes
- Large formats mean no limits to creativity: areas of up to 1950 mm x 1100 mm available
- (N)extremely broad range of applications thanks to differing thicknesses: Designers and engineers can choose from material thicknesses of between 2 mm and 6 mm (>6 mm on request)
From the glass-ceramic right through to the finished product: NEXTREMA® opens up endless possibilities in development and design for engineers and designers alike.