This monolithic, thermally tempered borosilicate glass offers exceptional quality of fire-resistant glazing and highly appealing versatility. Thanks to its outstanding optical and mechanical qualities, PYRAN® S can be found performing consistently and reliably in a broad range of landmark buildings across the world, in a wide variety of glazing designs.
PYRAN® S can be designed to meet fire-resistance classes E 30 to E 120 and EW 30 to EW 60, while other key assets include clear visibility due to low residual reflection and up to two hours of additional fire protection. A butt-joint system means it can also be used within demanding architectural designs. A special silicone joint is used to join the panes of glass together without a frame. This helps to create light, smooth sheets of glass that are virtually endless, providing a clear view at all times with no disturbing vertical profiles.
- High transmission in the visible and ultraviolet spectral ranges.
- Brilliant white glass optics, ensuring natural, pure color reproduction.
- Resistant to attack by aggressive environmental factors.
- Suitable for outdoor use with no limitations regarding UV radiation or temperature fluctuation.
- Resistant to abrasive chemical solutions.
- Option to make PYRAN® S anti-reflective on both sides using a dip-coating manufacturing process.
- Easy to use in demanding architectural designs and available in large, smooth sheets of glass for unobstructed views.
- Can also be used as part of a composite with soda-lime or single-pane safety glass, adding extra noise insulation and TRAV-certified impact resistance.
ISO PYRAN® S
ISO PYRAN® S incorporates PYRAN® S fire-resistant glass in a double-glazed unit. This offers a useful option where enhanced properties are required, not only for protection against fire but also heat and noise insulation, optimizing energy efficiency while retaining the enduring aesthetic appeal of PYRAN®.
The stability of ISO PYRAN® S on exposure to UV radiation, as well as fluctuations in temperature and direct sunlight, makes it ideally suited for use in facades and roofs. While light transmission remains high, anti-glare protection is enhanced and unwanted heat and sound factors are tightly controlled.
- Excellent sound insulation ideal for buildings in busy urban areas.
- Outstanding heat insulation and sun protection for energy efficiency.
- Excellent fire resistance qualities, with strong aesthetic appeal.
- Dip-coated anti-reflective glazing option available.
- Lamination option provides safety against falling.
While the whole PYRAN® family of products deliver outstanding fire protection, PYRAN® G offers a distinctive stunning look for many modern buildings. This curved glazing facilitates an uninterrupted, complete visual look that’s eye-catching, as well as safe and energy-efficient.
PYRAN® G is a monolithic, thermally annealed borosilicate glass that takes on a distinctive cylindrical shape during the forming process. This offers a striking stylish design that increases the options for innovative architecture.
- Excellent transparency.
- Unique look and attention-grabbing visual effect.
- Meets the requirements of fire resistance class E 30.
- While not a regulated building material, it can be used with individual building approval.
SCHOTT understands that customers not only need to meet strict fire regulations but also keep an eye on costs. PYRAN® white ticks both those boxes, meeting the requirements of fire resistance class E 30, as well as being available at very attractive prices in two different thicknesses.
PYRAN® white is a monolithic, thermally annealed glass manufactured from borosilicate glass in accordance with DIN EN1748-1. Although its bending strength of 70 N/mm² is similar to soda-lime glass, it has a greater resistance to temperature change.
- Excellent light transmission of 92 % that far exceeds that of traditional soda-lime glass.
- Attractive price and stylish appearance, with excellent safety characteristics.
- Can form a composite safety glass made of PYRAN® white and soda-lime glass to meet special noise insulation and impact protection requirements such as protection against falls.
PYRAN® Star is a transparent fire-rated glass-ceramic for architectural application produced using SCHOTT’s rolling process.
PYRAN® Star fire-rated glass-ceramics are certified by Underwriters Laboratories for fire-protection ratings. For safety-rated applications, filmed (PYRAN® Star F) and laminated (PYRAN® Star L) versions are available.
- Transparent and wireless.
- Withstands thermal shock (hose-stream tested).
- Approximate visible light transmission of 87 %.
- Fire-rated up to 90 minutes (180 minutes in doors).
- Standard surface finish with a slight texture.
- Maximum sheet sizes: approximately 1,954 x 1,100 mm.
- Suited for use in standard fire-rated frames with the same rating.
- Conforms to positive pressure test standards.
PYRAN® Platinum is the world’s first and only floated glass-ceramic developed specifically for the fire-rated glazing market, with the largest UL-tested sheet size in the industry. The new 51 x 99-inch PYRAN® Platinum sheet size lets you realize projects that were previously impossible.
Architects appreciate PYRAN® Platinum's smooth surface and distortion-free finish, as well as its neutral color without amber tints and proven technical performance. PYRAN® Platinum fire-rated glass-ceramics are certified by Underwriters Laboratories. For multiple-impact applications, filmed (PYRAN® Platinum F) and laminated (PYRAN® Platinum L) versions are available.
- Largest sheet size for a fire-rated glass-ceramic.
- Fire-rated up to 90 minutes (180 minutes in doors) and resistant to thermal shock.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Approved for use in any standard frame with the same fire rating.