Browse through our press and news section by category:
27.01.2014, San Francisco, USA und Mainz, Deutschland
SCHOTT to Exhibit Component Innovations at SPIE Photonics West and BiOS
SCHOTT’s products and specifications include optical and laser glass, glass for biotechnology, and fiber opticsSan Francisco, USA und Mainz, Deutschland, 27. Januar, 2014 – The international technology group SCHOTT will exhibit and present at SPIE Photonics West 2014 and the BiOS Expo. The company will showcase a number of its solutions that aid the design of biomedical optics and fiber optics as well as optical and laser technologies. From product demonstrations at the booth to a number of presentations, SCHOTT will offer attendees an inside look at its latest accomplishments and innovations. Highlights include the company’s new micro laser structuring technology and improved laser glass types for next-generation laser technology. SCHOTT will display its products at BiOS at booth #8642 and Photonics West 2014 at booth #1601.
SCHOTT will present the following lectures and product demonstrations at the BiOS Expo:
- Product demonstration: SCHOTT ultra-thin glass for electronics and biotech applications Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2:30 p.m. George Meyer, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Advanced Optics
- Technical paper discussion: New glass developments for fiber optics Saturday, Feb. 1 from 1:50 to 2:10 p.m. Paige Higby, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Lighting and Imaging
- Product demonstration: SCHOTT eye-safe laser glass for medical applications
Sunday, Feb. 2 at 11:30 a.m.
Dr. Simi George, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Research and Technology Development
SCHOTT will deliver the following lectures and product demonstrations at Photonics West 2014:
- Product demonstration: Optical and interference filters for all spectral applications Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 1:30 p.m. Dr. Ralf Jedamzik, SCHOTT AG, Advanced Optics
- Product demonstration: SCHOTT eye-safe laser glass Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 2:30 p.m. Dr. Simi George, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Research and Technology Development
- Technical paper discussion: Spectroscopic characterization of laser properties: Isolating the best methods for accurate measurements and calculations Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 5:10 to 5:30 p.m. Dr. Simi George, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Research and Technology Development
- Poster presentation: Spectroscopic studies of Er3+ emission in co-doped phosphate glasses Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. Dr. Simi George, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Research and Technology Development
- Product demonstration: Release of the new optical glass pocket catalog—From tightest tolerances to highest homogeneity Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 10:30 a.m. Dr. Ralf Jedamzik, SCHOTT AG, Advanced Optics
- Poster presentation: Optical glasses with tightest refractive index and dispersion tolerances for high-end optical designs Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. Dr. Ralf Jedamzik, SCHOTT AG, Advanced Optics
- Product demonstration: Next-generation multi-spectral materials Thursday, Feb. 6 at 10:30 a.m. Dr. Nathan Carlie, SCHOTT North America, Inc., Research and Technology Development
SCHOTT is an international technology group with more than 125 years of experience in the areas of specialty glasses and materials and advanced technologies. SCHOTT ranks number one in the world with many of its products. Its core markets are the household appliance, pharmaceuticals, electronics, optics, solar power, transportation and architecture industries. The company is strongly committed to contributing to its customers’ success and making SCHOTT an important part of people’s lives with its high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is committed to managing its business in a sustainable manner and supporting its employees, society and the environment. The SCHOTT Group maintains close proximity to its customers with manufacturing and sales units in 35 different countries. Its workforce of around 16,000 employees generated worldwide sales of approximately 2 billion euros for the 2011/2012 fiscal year. SCHOTT AG, with its headquarters in Mainz, Germany, is owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
Phone: +49 (0)6131/66-4088
Fax: +49 (0)3641/2888-9141
Fax: +49 (0)3641/2888-9141