Data protection information for SCHOTT on social media channels
SCHOTT AG (hereinafter referred to as "SCHOTT") maintains publicly accessible pages on various social networks. Visiting these sites initiates a variety of data processing operations. The following data protection notices inform you about the processing of your personal data in connection with all pages in social networks of SCHOTT.
In accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter "GDPR"), you have various rights that you can assert against SCHOTT and/or the operator of the respective social network. Should you have any questions regarding this data protection information, you can contact our data protection officer at any time. You will find the contact details below.
II. Name and contact details of the controllers and the Data Protection Officer
This privacy information applies to the social media pages of
Board of Management of SCHOTT AG:
Dr. Frank Heinricht (Chairman)
Dr. Heinz Kaiser
Dr. Jens Schulte
If you have any questions about your personal data, please contact our data protection officer:
Christoph Dahl, LL.M. (Wellington)
If your personal data is processed by one of the providers listed below, this provider is responsible for data processing in accordance with the GDPR. The data protection officer of the respective operator can be contacted via the following links or addresses:
- Instagram Inc.: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/540977946302970
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/ask/TSO-DPO
- Pinterest: https://help.pinterest.com/de/data-protection-officer-contact-form
- Twitter Inc.: https://twitter.ethicspointvp.com/custom/twitter/forms/data/form_data.asp
- XING SE: Datenschutzbeauftragter@xing.com
- YouTube: To contact the YouTube Privacy Officer, please contact Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
III. Purposes of data processing, legal basis and legitimate interests
The pages of SCHOTT and the processing of personal data associated with them have the following purposes:
- Presentation of the contents published by SCHOTT on the site
- Communication between SCHOTT and the users of the site
- Linking to other online content that may be of interest to the users of the site
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The weighing of interests required for this purpose is based on SCHOTT's legitimate interest in presenting and communicating information about SCHOTT to interested users of popular online portals.
If you use our pages in social networks to contact us (e.g. by making your own contributions, reacting to one of our contributions or by sending us private messages), the data you provide us with will be processed by us solely for the purpose of being able to contact you.
When you visit our pages, your personal data is collected, used and stored not only by us but also by the operators of the respective social network. This happens even if you yourself do not have a profile in the respective social network. The individual data processing procedures and their scope differ depending on the operator of the respective social network and they are not necessarily comprehensible to us. Details about the collection and storage of your personal data as well as the type, scope and purpose of their use by the operator of the respective social network can be found in the data protection declarations of the respective operator:
- Instagram - Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Ireland - https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- LinkedIn - LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland - https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Pinterest - Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston Hous, 2nd Floor, Fenian, Street, Dublin 2, Ireland – https://policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy
- Twitter Inc.: Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland - https://twitter.com/de/privacy
- Xing - New Work SE, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg - https://privacy.xing.com/de?sc_o=navigation_footer
- YouTube - Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin, 4, Irland - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&fg=1
IV. Categories of personal data processed
SCHOTT does not process any personal data within the scope of its website. In particular, SCHOTT does not operate the Internet servers on which the content of the pages and the associated communication is stored and processed. The Internet servers for the platforms are operated exclusively by the respective operators.
The categories of personal data processed by the operator are described in the operator's data policy. If users communicate with SCHOTT via SCHOTT's pages, SCHOTT will receive the user's respective message (including the user's user name). In addition, SCHOTT will only receive anonymous statistics about the visitors of the pages. These statistics are not person-related, as they no longer allow conclusions to be drawn about individual users.
V. Storage duration
In connection with SCHOTT's social media sites, SCHOTT only collects and stores the messages that SCHOTT receives when users communicate with SCHOTT via the sites (including SCHOTT's possible responses thereto).
SCHOTT will delete such messages no later than upon expiration of the retention period of 6 years under commercial and tax law.
As far as the operator processes personal data within the scope of his platform, the respective storage period is described by the operator in his data policy.
VI. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- the right to information,
- the right of correction or deletion,
- the right to restrict processing,
- the right to object to the processing,
- the right to data transferability.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your data by us. Further rights you have vis-à-vis the operator (in particular the right to object to certain processing by the operator or to revoke any consent granted to the operator) are described in the operator's data policy.
VII. Changes to this declaration
We reserve the right to change or amend this data protection information as required. We will publish the changes here. You should therefore visit this page regularly to keep yourself informed about the current status of the data protection declaration.