Square Transistor Outline Caps
In opto-electronics, the transistor outline caps/lids fulfill two primary functions. First, they protect the optical components of transmission as well as reception applications. Second, they ensure the transmission of the optical signals by acting as an optical interface.
Rectangular caps and lids are used for opto-electronic applications (Sensors, LED packages etc.)
- Fits to rectangular glass-to-metal and ceramic packages.
- Deep drawn metal can for direct soldering onto ceramic packages.
- Available with lens or flat window designs, round or rectangular shaped windows.
- Glass with UV transmission is available.
- Reliable hermeticity.
- High thermal and mechanical stability.
- Some of the design patent is granted.