Processed Flat Glass
One of the great advantages of glass is its versatility. This is a real benefit for designers as they can use it to channel their creative vision. SCHOTT has decades of experience in helping designers bring this vision to life through a wide range of precise and customized glass processing options.
When you partner with SCHOTT you have a wide variety of processing options to choose from, including colors, surface and 3D effects, and haptic touch features, as well as integrated lighting elements. We are always keen to optimize and expand the potential of our products, which is often inspired by a customer challenging us to try something new.
OUR LATEST DESIGN INNOVATIONS
- SCHOTT Duo Design enables durable ceramic printing on both sides of the glass.
- SCHOTT MetalLook for a stainless appearance behind glass as well as other metallic effects are available.
- Huge variety of logo and branding options available, along with color-matching potential.
- Customized lighting solutions can be integrated for new design visions.
- Dead front effect printing is available for symbols and displays.
Consumers increasingly expect their homes to incorporate the same ‘smart’ technology found in their mobile phones and tablets. As technology continues to advance the way we interact with appliances, SCHOTT is helping to make those expectations reality by offering glass solutions for intelligent user concepts.
Technology such as touch displays, haptic controls, and contact-free operation is now commonplace in smart glass solutions. SCHOTT has the expertise in flat glass processing to combine this new technology with user-friendly, practical and reliable characteristics such as scratch resistance and an easy-clean surface, as well as excellent electric and chemical properties. SCHOTT is always keen to work with customers in bringing new ideas to life to create solutions uniquely tailored to our customers’ vision.
OUR LATEST SMART INNOVATIONS
- SCHOTT Smart Touch technology is able to provide haptic feedback.
- IR transmissive colors facilitate non-contact operation.
- Dead front or ‘shy tech’ effects are available.
- SCHOTT Duo Design offers ceramic printing on both sides of the glass for haptic guidance.
- Printed circuits on control panels are available for touch control functionality.
Bringing the future to life isn’t just about new design ideas and technological innovation – it’s also about product safety and taking responsibility for the environment and protecting its natural resources. Sustainability is a crucial part of our work and involves all innovations and processing methods to improve efficiency and cut down on waste.
Not only can glass be recycled, but it's also long-lasting, and SCHOTT invests in eco-friendly flat glass processing to reduce waste. In addition, we do not use toxic heavy metals. We also offer a wide range of environmentally friendly coatings that reduce the consumption of cleaning products, optimize the energy efficiency of baking ovens, and help to reduce the ambient temperature of oven doors.
OUR LATEST SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS
- A wide range of single and double-side reflective coatings are available for inner oven doors, including SCHOTT® Energy Double and SCHOTT BOROFLOAT Energy.
- SCHOTT CleanPlus coating reduces the need for harsh cleaning agents.
- SCHOTT uses inks free of heavy metals.
- SCHOTT inks and materials fulfill all RoHs and REACH requirements.
We are always looking for the opportunity to reduce the effort required for the daily use and care of our glasses by providing panels with intelligent surfaces. Since these functional glass solutions decrease the time and effort required to maintain and clean the glass, our easy-care solutions provide clear long-term advantages.
‘Intelligent’ coatings or printing options on our processed flat glass can reduce the visibility of fingerprints or prevent dirt from sticking to the surfaces. This means that only simple, environmentally friendly detergents are required to keep appliances and glass components clean. Not only is this a clear environmental benefit, but it also results in time savings for the consumer and glass that retains its clean, elegant look over a longer lifetime.
OUR LATEST EASY CARE INNOVATIONS
- SCHOTT CleanPlus is an easy-to-clean coating that offers convenience and environmental benefits for customers.
- Satin-finished surfaces are available for a high quality appearance, as they are less prone to fingerprints.
- Front-side printing via SCHOTT Duo Design can also help to reduce visibility of fingerprints on the glass.
- Easy-care solutions benefit the long-term reliability and esthetic appeal of glass.