The ViewPort® PG13.5 variant is designed for multi-use glass bioreactors which are typically used for process development. It is safely and easily screwed to the standard PG13.5 port.
This PAT component provides a sterile and safe interface for in-situ process monitoring with optical sensors. The ViewPort® PG 13.5 variant is autoclavable together with the bioreactor assembly.
The materials used are in accordance with pharma industry best practices.
- Enables in-situ measurements without the need to open the bioreactor, thus contributing to a reduced risk of contamination and optimized yield.
- Allows to flexibly exchange probes during cultivation.
For well-established stainless steel bioreactor systems, SCHOTT offers the ViewPort® Ingold variant. This standard multi-use PAT component is mounted to the Ingold port, supporting continuous control of pilot and production-scale bioprocesses.
The sterile sensor interface features a hermetically sealed optical window for the continuous measurement of process parameters. It is conveniently sterilizable using steam-in-place (SIP) or clean-in-place (CIP). All materials used are in accordance with pharma hygienic design requirements.
- Enhances in-situ monitoring of bioprocesses under sterile conditions.
- Supports productivity by enabling automation and real-time adjustments.
- Enables convenient sensor integration for bioprocesses.
ViewPort® Single Use
ViewPort® sensor interfaces are also available for single-use bioreactors or mixing units. They are attached to single-use bags by welding or a screw interface.
This PAT component acts as sterile interface for optical sensors and enables in-situ process monitoring in single-use applications. It is sterilized together with the single-use bag using γ-radiation or x-ray. All used materials support compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Allows reliable integration of optical process control in pre-sterilized bags.
- Enables in-line control and adjustment of processes, thus supporting optimized yield.
- Enhances automation for continuous processing.
Manager R&D Biotech and Life Sciences