SCHOTT’s range of glass for restoration can be customized and processed according to the needs of an individual building, while specific product variants offer different characteristics to suit a wide range of projects.
SCHOTT GOETHEGLAS reproduces the irregular surface structure of windows found in buildings from the 18th and 19th centuries. We use the historical Fourcault process to produce colorless, machine-drawn glass that remains faithful to the original esthetics and stunning period characteristics.
- Variety of processing options available to produce laminated glass, tempered glass or insulated glass units.
- Innovative functions suit contemporary needs for thermal, solar, UV and noise control.
RESTOVER® plus offers a different, more textured glass that closely resembles traditional blown glass originally manufactured at the turn of the 19th Century. Thicker than RESTOVER® and RESTOVER® light, it’s simple to install into historical window frames and fittings.
- More striking, irregular glass style.
- Thicker than RESTOVER® and RESTOVER® light.
- Appearance replicates the traditional blown glass style.
Used in the windows of buildings from the 19th century, RESTOVER® has an irregular surface structure and resembles mouth-blown glass. Its minimal thickness makes it easy to install in existing frames and fittings, with no harsh reflections that disturb the esthetic value of the windows.
- Made by the authentic Fourcault process to produce colorless, drawn glass.
- A variety of processing options available, including laminated glass, tempered glass or insulated glass units.
- Theft protection and overhead mounting also available.
Although the irregular surface of RESTOVER® glass is deliberately intended to reproduce the wavy effect of early 19th century glass styles, SCHOTT RESTOVER® light offers the option of a more understated style.
RESTOVER® light is more modern in appearance while still blending in well with early 1900s architecture.
- Less irregular glass.
- Low thickness equal to regular RESTOVER® glass, allowing easy installation in historical frames.
- Appearance more in keeping with modern window styles.
TIKANA® is a stylish yet modern solution for replacement glass in buildings built in the classical modern or Bauhaus style. Reproducing the same slightly irregular surface, the impressive original look is preserved.
At the same time, modern mechanical strengths and physical properties are added, and there are options for additional security features.
- Available with enhanced UV protection.
- A wide variety of processing options including laminated glass, coatings and insulating glass units.