"HT" & "HTultra" Glass
Optical glasses with ultra-high transmittanceAs part of its extensive portfolio of optical glasses, SCHOTT has been offering special glass variants that are known for their superior transmittance. These special glass types with significantly improved transmittance are identified with the suffix "HT" or "HTultra". They are especially suitable for digital projection and high-end optical systems.
Our current portfolio includes 13 "HT" and "HTultra" glasses, (e.g. N-BK7HT, N-SK2HT). Several of our glass types exhibit the best transmittance values available in the maket, including:
- Improved transmittance especially in the blue-violet spectral range
→ improves color contribution and causes better mesoptic vision
- Reduced 'thermal lensing effect' due to higher transmittance
→ reduces energy absorption and improves image quality
- Faster polimerization of UV active glues due to better UV transmittance
→ time savings while processing
- High product quality due to stringent quality control procedures
- Excellent application support and expertise
- Extensive processing capabilities (e.g. CNC machining, coating, polishing, sub-assembly)
- Product range specifically suited for long-term availability
We also offer high-precision optical components made of "HT" and "HTultra" glasses.
*** Whereas the internal transmittance curves of standard optical glasses in the datasheet comprise median values for the glass types, "HT" and "HTultra" glass internal transmittance curves are guaranteed minimum values for internal transmittance in the visible spectrum. Shown graphics are valid for 25 mm sample thickness.