Washer and Dishwasher Glasses
Glass options for washers
SCHOTT glass lids designed for top-load washing machines and cover panels for front-loaders not only provide a clear view of the interior, but also set the highest standards for performance and reliability. Glass control panels offer high functionality for these appliances, combining smart touch features with robust materials.
Using SCHOTT glass for washing machine lids, front covers, and control panels offers visibility, function, and peace of mind for the consumer. Alongside new design options and outstanding chemical and mechanical resistance, SCHOTT glasses are processed for a lifetime of use, while our control panels can even be integrated into a washing machine lid. We also provide a number of assembly options, from encapsulated frames and lighting effects to knobs and hinges assembled to the glass.
- Wide range of processing options, such as multicolor printing, shape grinding, and drilling for knobs and hinges.
- Optional lighting features to enhance design or view of appliance interior.
- Surface coating options such as hydrophobic, and coating development available.
- Printed control panels integrated into glass lid.
- Multiple assembly options for handles, frames, hinges, and more.
- Option to increase impact resistance of the glass.
Glass options for dishwashers
Decorative cover panels in dishwashers are an increasingly popular feature, combining sleek looks with new design possibilities. Other options include glass control panels to incorporate numerous user-friendly functions and technical properties for a powerful combination of durability, control, safety, and design flexibility.
Glass plays a highly useful role in dishwashers, performing better than plastic in protecting capacitive switches and touch controls on the inside of the dishwasher door from water, heat and chemical damage. We can also incorporate printed control guides and touch-sensitive features, as well as knobs, frames and hinges into our glass products.
- Multicolor printing, including conductive printing for capacitive sensors for touch control panels and semi-transparent colors for special lighting effects.
- Wide choice of customized design options to complement wider product families.
- ‘Dead-front’ or ‘Shy Tech’ effects possible.
- Strong resistance properties to ensure long-term reliability.
- Precise processing to accommodate knobs, frames, hinges and design features.