NOVOLAY® secure and PYRANOVA® secure
This high-quality safety glass builds on the outstanding fire-resistant qualities of PYRANOVA® composite glass by adding a high level of protection against manual and mechanical attack, as well as a formidable level of bullet resistance.
PYRANOVA® is an acclaimed fire-resistant glass that fights the effects of heat and harmful radiation through enclosed transparent layers that intumesce in the event of fire. PYRANOVA® secure combines this technology with added protection against manual and mechanical attack, along with bullet resistance in accordance with DIN EN 1063.
- Exceptional thermal resistance offers unbeatable protection against fire, hot gases and smoke and heat radiation.
- Outstanding transparency.
- Robust impact protection and bullet resistance to shield against manual and mechanical attack.
- Wide range of sizes and thicknesses available.
In a world of uncertainty, NOVOLAY® secure adds a reassuring level of protection for people and property. It provides excellent levels of burglary-proof shielding from impact and manual attack, and offers very strong bullet resistance.
Manufactured using a microfloat process with cutting-edge techniques, this advanced glass laminate combines SCHOTT’s special float glass with a polycarbonate layer to create an exceptionally strong glazing material. In addition to exceptional homogeneity, NOVOLAY® secure possesses highly impressive optical qualities.
- Attack and bullet resistant in accordance with DIN EN 356 and DIN EN 1063 class, up to levels P8B and BR7 respectively.
- Engineered to withstand repeated attacks by a range of methods.
- High optical clarity and low-iron glass quality.
- Low in specific weight.