Customizable variants in the Solidur® LED family include Mini LEDs with a diameter of roughly 2 mm, Solidur® Ring LEDs that enable shadow-free illumination, easy-to-integrate TO (Transistor Outline) LEDs, and Solidur® SMD LEDs developed to provide long-term durability and efficiency in UVB/C applications.
Solidur® Mini LEDs
As the world's smallest hermetic, fully autoclavable High Brightness (HB) LED currently on the market, Solidur® Mini LEDs are both tiny and tough. They offer superior robustness and reliability for longevity and stable performance, even in the harshest operating conditions.
- Tiny footprint opens up new application possibilities. Thanks to a diameter of only ~2 mm, Mini LEDs can be integrated into devices with minimal available space.
- Customizable light properties, size, shape, materials, lenses, and electrical interfaces (SMD or through-hole) are available.
- Medical and dental devices that must be reliably autoclavable.
- Harsh-environment applications.
- Applications that benefit from a robust, yet miniature light source.
Solidur® Ring LEDs
As the world’s first hermetic ring-shaped, High Brightness (HB) LED, this innovative light source provides powerful and shadow-free illumination. It's exceptionally robust and resistant to chemicals, temperature, corrosion, and pressure. Designers have the possibility to incorporate other components onto the inside of the ring, such as a camera chip.
- Light without shadow: thanks to its ring shape, the Ring LED module provides illumination without shadows or dark areas.
- Fully customizable: chip arrangement, chip colours, and incorporation of other components into the housing, such as sensors, are all available.
- Medical and dental devices that must be reliably autoclavable, such as endoscopes, dental drills, intraoral cameras, etc.
- Harsh-environment industrial applications.
Solidur® Transistor Outline LEDs
Encased in vacuum-tight housings, Solidur® Transistor Outline (TO) LEDs are based on industry-standard TO footprints. TO LEDs offer the powerful benefits of other models in the Solidur® series, including outstanding resistance to temperature, chemicals and corrosion, and safe steam sterilization capabilities.
- Easy integration into existing equipment and devices, with a broad range of standard housing geometries and glass optics, as well as through-hole/connector or SMD (surface mount) formats.
- Custom designs according to individual requirements, including single or multi-chip, a broad selection of caps and lenses, and customizable optical properties, such as colour temperature, CRI, radiation pattern and luminous flux.
- Medical and dental devices that must be reliably autoclavable, such as UV curing devices, endoscopes, surgical equipment and more.
- Harsh-environment industrial and UVB/C applications.
Solidur® SMD LEDs
Developed for long-term durability and efficiency, especially in UVB/C applications, the superior robustness and UV-transmissive optics of Solidur® SMD LEDs allow them to be used in the most challenging sterilization, purification, and medical treatment applications.
- n-house UVB/C competencies ranging from customized UV transmissive glass materials (discs, wafers, lenses) and encapsulation materials to increase radiation flux, to the ready–to-use Solidur® SMD LED.
- Excellent optical performance with high radiation power at defined wavelengths and stable optical properties.
- Materials and designs for high thermal conductivity.
- Design flexibility: customizable materials, shapes, sizes, electrical interfaces, surface coatings, caps/lenses, and chips.
- Water sterilization, air purification, and surface sterilization (medical, home appliance, consumer handheld devices).
- Medical settings (i.e. skin treatments).
- Analysis systems.