While the SEFUSE® brand spans a range of thermal protection devices that feature a variety of rated currents and operating temperatures, we divide our thermal links into two distinct types – SF-type and SM-type. With different materials and properties, each is suitable for a certain group of applications.
The thermal pellet placed inside the metal case of the SF-type is designed to trigger the cut-off function in response to an abnormal temperature situation. The SF-type has a rated current range of 6-15A (AC).
- Appropriate for electric flows with large currents (6-15A).
- SEFUSE® SF-type fuses (except SF/K series) have a ceramic pipe that alleviates stress that may occur on the sealing resin when the leads are bent, thereby reliably holding the leads in place.
- With a thermal pellet using innovative new materials, the SFH/R series has optimal thermal management, as well as excellent insulation performance at high temperatures.
- SF/R series (Rated current: AC 10A/15A)
- SFH/R series (Rated current: AC 10A/15A)
- SF/Y series (Rated current: AC 15A)
- SF/K series (Rated current: AC 6A)
SEFUSE® SM-type uses a fusible alloy inside a ceramic case. Using ceramic as an insulator, the SM-type can be fixed directly where temperature detection is required. The SM-type has a rated current of 0.5-2A (AC) and 3-7A (DC).
- Can be mounted directly in areas where temperature detection is required without insulation.
- Fast thermal response enabled by compact dimensions.
- SM-A series (Rated current: AC 2A/DC 3A-7A)
- SM-B series (Rated current: AC 1A/DC 3.5A-6A)
- SM-G series (Rated current: AC 0.5A/DC 5A)