SCHOTT Xensation® Flex offers the ability to produce high quality foldable devices with an extraordinary bending radius. Other advantages include:
- Specially developed for chemical toughening.
- High flexibility and small bending radius.
- Excellent transparency and transmission.
- Fire-polished premium surface.
3 point bending test.
The high-strength SCHOTT Xensation® Up. glass produces outstanding results in set drop tests, ensuring maximum survival likelihood after smartphone drops. Other key properties include:
- Superior ion exchange capabilities for excellent strength and processing performance.
- Increased flexibility for maximum strength performance.
- Wider IOX processing ranges.
- Options for shorter IOX processing time.
- Typical CS (compressive stress) and DoL (depth of layer) values are evenly balanced to obtain superior mechanical reliability.
SCHOTT Xensation® Up. can withstand a drop of almost double the height of conventional cover glass.
Xensation® 3D fulfills a range of technical requirements for cover glass, including:
- Extra-high fracture toughness.
- High resistance against impacts and scratches.
- High scratch tolerance – low breakage risk even with surface scratches.
- Chemical strengthening parameters able to be adjusted to achieve desired level of strength for specific applications.
- High chemical durability.
- High light transmission.
SCHOTT Xensation® 3D is extremely robust with high light transmission.