Xensation® glass is available in a range of three distinct products: Xensation® Flex delivers revolutionary folding possibilities, Xensation® α, Xensation® Up. and Xensation® 3D are developed to master the challenges of everyday life.
Based on its leading expertise and driven by many years of sound research in various specialty glass areas, SCHOTT has come a decisive step closer to achieving its goal of unbreakable cover glass. SCHOTT’s worldwide unequalled innovation power has paved the way for those successful new glass developments and created the latest invention: Xensation® α – a lithium alumino-borosilicate (LABS) glass that is made to survive.
The new high performance cover glass unites the chemical toughening potential of lithium aluminiosilicate (LAS) glass with the scratch performance of borosilicate glass and a strong glass backbone like in glass ceramics.
- Outperforms current market leading cover glasses by up to 100% in set-drop performance on rough grounds.
- Less sensitive to scratches than conventional LAS glasses shown in Knoop indenter scratch test
SCHOTT’s continuing research into new possibilities for glass products has produced the revolutionary new ultra-thin glass Xensation® Flex, offering a beautifully stylish, strong and highly innovative flexible product for folding devices.
Xensation® Flex is the most flexible glass on Earth that is produced in a melting process, achieving a bending radius of below 2 mm with SCHOTT’s ultra-thin glass (UTG). The chemically toughenable aluminosilicate glass is available in mass production thanks to the proprietary down-draw manufacturing process that SCHOTT has been continually developing for more than 25 years.
- Developed for chemical toughening.
- Highly flexible with a very small bending radius.
- Outstanding transparency and transmission properties.
- Fire-polished, scratch-resistant premium surface.
Setting an impressive new standard for chemically-strengthened lithium aluminosilicate (LAS) cover glass, Xensation® Up. offers outstanding reliability and durability for the rugged requirements of modern-day mobile electronics use, with performance in drop tests far outstripping that of conventional aluminosilicate glass.
Greater flexibility and shorter processing times during the chemical strengthening stage provides processing partners with more freedom while maintaining unrivalled mechanical resistance. This is the result of a salt bath process that increases ion exchange, leading to a more stable performance.
- Outstanding results in set drop performance tests to ensure maximum survival of impact.
- Superior ion exchange capabilities ensure excellent strength and processing performance.
- Typical compressive stress (CS) and depth of layer (DoL) values are evenly balanced to deliver outstanding mechanical reliability.
Aesthetics can be just as important as physics in the mobile electronics market, and Xensation® 3D offers the best of both worlds, combining beauty with strength to deliver reliable high quality glass solutions for capacitive touch technologies in smartphones, wearables and other devices.
Xensation® 3D offers beauty that’s built to last, thanks to impressive scratch resistance and high tolerance to the stresses and strains of everyday life. Custom-sized glass sheets are easy to cut and implement in standard production processes.
- Extremely high fracture-proof toughness.
- High scratch resistance and low breakage risk.
- Chemical strengthening parameters adjustable for different applications.
- High light transmission.
- Strong chemical durability.