The KIMAX® Acid Waste Drainline System is the most sustainable and economical acid waste system on the market. Its features include:
- Type 1, class A borosilicate glass piping, which meets ASTM 1053-90.
- Extremely high chemical resistance, even with changing temperature and chemical intermixing.
- Will not burn or emit toxic fumes, with UL-Environment claims certification.
- Low thermal expansion, with no expansion joints or loops required.
- UL and UL-C classified as through-penetration firestop system (UL 1479 / ASTM 814).
- Meets ASTM E-84 and UL 723 standards, and is suitable for installation in air-handling spaces.
- IAPMO-listed, UPC-certified Acid Waste System, file # 0500.
As an example, under continuous exposure of 1% hydrofluoric acid at 70°F it will take approximately 30-35 years to destroy one half of the wall thickness of KIMAX® pipe. Ten percent HF at 70°F will require approximately five years of continuous exposure to destroy one-half the wall thickness.
When KIMAX® Glass is exposed to NaOH or KOH in concentrations up to 50% at room temperature, the pipe should last from 90 to 100 years. All other chemicals exhibit little or no effect on KIMAX® Piping Systems.
KIMAX® Drainline BIM Simulation
KIMAX® offers a comprehensive portfolio of components to build an acid waste drainline system in any setting for any industry. Using Type 1, Class A borosilicate glass, KIMAX® pipes are highly chemically and thermally resistant, as well as simple to cut, with a wide range of available diameters and mechanical joints that are easy to use – and reuse.
To help plan your KIMAX® drainline system, we offer a BIM service that enables you to create an online simulation of your new system, allowing you to find the most cost-effective solution.
For more information, go to https://www.bimobject.com/en/product?brand=schott