Decorative Fiber Optic Lighting
SCHOTT® Fiber Optic Light Cables
SCHOTT® Fiber Optic Light Cables provide an efficient and flexible method of transporting light from an external LED light source to a display area, while providing effective, durable and long-lasting performance. Up to several hundred light dots can be combined to create a myriad of lighting patterns in sauna ceilings or elaborate display showcases.
Since fiber optic cables can be very thin and flexible, they can be used in very tight spaces and fitted around extremely tight corners. They are particularly popular for showcases and interior design since they can be easily hidden, creating a subtle and easily controlled light for maximum effect. As they carry no electricity and generate no heat, objects are safe and secure, while extreme heat and humidity resistance enables them to be used in demanding environments such as saunas.
- Suitable for installation in tight spaces and corners within showcases, shelves and walls.
- Optimum safety of illuminated objects as glass fibers transmit light but no electricity.
- Zero heat transference means showcase temperatures are kept at a consistent level.
- Able to withstand high temperatures and high levels of humidity.
- Illuminate displays without harmful UV or IR radiation.
SCHOTT® Spectra LED Source 100W
With a high color rendering index, the SCHOTT® Spectra 100W is the ideal light source for architectural and retail showcase lighting, presenting colors in a highly natural way. Used in combination with SCHOTT fiber optic cables, it can be dimmed from 100 % all the way down to 0 % with almost no UV emissions, rendering additional inefficient UV filters obsolete.
The SCHOTT® Spectra 100W light source offers low operating costs and a long lifetime, as well as high color rendering to display exhibits and products in their very best light. Extremely low UV emission and two options for color temperature make this highly versatile light source ideal for sensitive objects, generating safe and consistent illumination for museums and retail stores.
- No bulb replacement required, providing low cost of ownership.
- Up to 40 % energy savings thanks to very low energy consumption.
- CRI > 90 for accurate color rendering.
- Two color temperature options: 3000 K and 4400 K.
- Extremely low UV emission, especially when used in combination with SCHOTT fiber optic light cables.
- Very low fan noise (19 dB).
SCHOTT® Spectra LED Source 1200
This compact LED light source for fiber optic illumination is the ideal solution for museum showcase lighting, offering a high color rendering index, and light intensity adapted to museum environments. The SCHOTT® Spectra 1200 also delivers low cost of ownership and easy maintenance, with no bulb replacement required.
With a choice of three color temperatures, power consumption of less than 50 W, step-free dimming from 10-100 %, and very low fan noise, this light source is the perfect solution for demanding museum and retail display illumination. It’s also perfect for retrofitting, as it’s compatible with the 30 mm standard light source insert, allowing for easy plug-and-play installation.
- Choice of three color temperatures: 2700 K, 3000 K and 4200 K.
- Low cost of ownership with no re-lamping required.
- Easy servicing of the light source while the exhibition area can remain locked up.