IRG Chalcogenide Glasses (IRG 22 – 27)
When common IR materials have reached their limits, IRG supports demanding applications in terms of cost, performance and processing power. These glasses encompass the common IR transmission bands 3-5 μm and 8-12 μm, but are able to transmit as low as 0.7 μm.
The IR glass series offered by SCHOTT can also be processed using conventional grinding and polishing techniques, as well as single point diamond turning or molding to support low- to high-volume manufacture.
- Low dn/dt and dispersion, with high color correction
- Low Tg so moldable for high volume production.
- Lower price than established IR materials.
- Conventional processing, meaning no constrains for grinding, polishing and diamond turning.
Sapphire for Advanced Imaging
Sapphire is one of the hardest, most durable and scratch-resistant materials, and offers a broad transmission range from UV to mid infrared wavelengths. It's suitable for use in extreme environmental conditions and can withstand major fluctuations in temperature.
With years of experience in IR glass, SCHOTT can offer Sapphire in a wide range of processed shapes according to customer specifications, along with the availability of polished surfaces and customized coatings.
- Extreme hardness and high mechanical strength.
- High transmission from UV to IR.
- Various shapes from round to square available, and up to 300 mm in diameter.
- SCHOTT uses advanced equipment and state-of-the-art metrology for manufacturing and quality control.
Anti-reflective hard coating on Multispectral ZnS
In order to match and exceed our customers' requirements, SCHOTT delivers solutions which offer a real advantage. Our anti-reflective hard coating combines high-end polishing with unique technology for specialist needs, for a coating that withstands the common environmental test.
- Low reflectance and absorption.
- Highly scratch-resistant surface.
- Customized coating for every wavelength band.
- European production.