Flexible Light Guides
- SCHOTT multi-component Glass Optical Fibers come in a range of apertures: 0.54, 0.65 and 0.84.
- Fused Silica for the NIR or UV range are available upon request. There are also polarisation maintaining options available.
- Tight telecentricity and angle alignment.
- AR coatings for best optics contact.
- Diameter range from 0.5-10 mm
- Lengths up to 10 m available
- Single, dual or multibranch options
- Spot to line assemblies
- Bending radii depending on fiber and bundle diameter
- Vacuum feedthroughs as an option
- Cross section transformers and splitters
Ferrule Materials / Housings
- German Silver and Brass
- Stainless Steel (Medical Grade)
- Aluminum (in particular for milled housings)
- Anodizing options upon request
- Polymer housings milled or injection molded
- Standard industrial connectors: SMA, ST, FC
- Standard medical connectors: Storz, Olympus, ACMI
- Stainless steel interlock
- Stainless steel interlock, covered with silicone
- Thin wall silicone or FEP
- Extrusion options with PVC, TPU, FEP
Termination of End Surfaces
- Standard expoxy with temperature stability up to 120°C.
- High temperature Epoxy with 200°C.
- Hot-fused with temperature stability up to 350°C.
We are striving for highest quality standards. On request, we provide a variety of application specific testings that can be conducted either with SCHOTT’s own test equipment or with certified external partners. Those testings include:
- Biocompatability according to DIN 10553-5.
- Lifetime testing in medical reprocessing tests, including cleaning and disinfection in RDG devices, autoclaving, sterrad testing and others.
- Flammability-test IEC 60332-1-2 possible.
- Storage and accelerated life time tests.
- Energy chain tests for longevity in moving arm applications.
- Cleanness and vacuum tightness of entire parts or dedicated areas.