Coating Development Service
Functional and Decorative Coatings
- Barrier: PICVD is our unique technology for internally coating hollow bodies – in this case with highly-efficient, transparent barrier coatings.
- Anti-scratch: a new, highly transparent, scratch-resistant hard coating that protects glass.
- Easy-to-clean: a durable low maintenance coating that helps to keep your home appliances clean.
Our service offerings
- Development of functional and decorative coatings that meet your specifications
- Small-scale production
- Design of coating machines and components
- Functionality and reliability tests
- Composition and microstructure. See also our Analysis Measurement Service.
- On coating questions relevant to your business: coating development and application support, specifications, equipment supplier, technical and market research, and more.
Our Coating Expertise
You can benefit from the knowledge and experience of the scientists, engineers and technicians who work for SCHOTT and have access to unique cutting-edge tools.
- Over 30 years of coating experience
- Coverage of the entire product development process:
- Process and product development
- Design and set-up of lab and pilot production coaters
- Process transfer to production
- Flat and curved substrates, including inside coating of hollow bodies with high uniformity
- Coatings on glass, glass-ceramics and plastic substrates
- Various functionalities, including decorative coatings
- Alignment of application tests and specifications with customer demands
- State-of-the-art characterization and testing
- Design of optical coatings