Surface analysis and microstructure analysis
State-of-the-art analytical equipment in the field of surface and microstructure analysis and sustained further development ensure high quality. In addition, the accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005-08, guarantees reliable and traceable results.
Focal points are:
- Glass defect diagnostics
- Analysis of pharmaceutically relevant surfaces
- Characterization of thin layer systems
- Investigation of the microstructure and composition of glass and glass ceramics
Example 1: Coatings
SEM/EDX analysis of a defective multi-layer system. The particle that caused the defect was cross-sectioned for analysis and found to be only about 100 nm in size.
Example 2: Fibers
ToF-SIMS depth profiling of a single fiber 50 μm in diameter. The analyzed area is 10 x 10 μm2 .
Example 3: Health
In-situ (liquid cell) AFM analysis of an adsorbed antibody layer. The layer thickness was determined by partial removal of the layer and measurement of the step height (4 nm).
Surface conditioning and cleaning
In the last couple of years, the demands on technical surfaces have risen considerably. Therefore, greater importance is being attached to surface conditioning and cleaning. Our expertise in developing and evaluating surface conditioning processes in addition to surface analytics represents a powerful tool.
- ToF-SIMS/SIMS Mass Spectrometry
- SEM/EDX Scanning Electron Microscopy
- TEM/EDX (in cooperation) Trans. Electron Microscopy
- LiMi Light Microscopy
- AFM Atomic Force Microscopy
- XRD, HT-XRD X-Ray Diffraction, also at temperatures up to 1200°C
- GIXR Grazing Incidence X-Ray Reflectivity for thin layers
- WLI White Light Interference Microscopy
- XPS (ESCA) in cooperation X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy