Environmental Regulations in the EU
A number of directives regulating restrictions on certain hazardous substances, as well as waste disposal of electrical and electronic equipment have been established at European level and subsequently will be transferred to the national levels in the respective countries. These are:
- EU directive 2012/19/EU “WEEE” on the prevention of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The WEEE directive regulates the take-back, recovery and recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment and for that purpose assigns the products to different product categories.
For disposal please contact:
Fax: + 49 5321 33 67 29
Fax: + 49 5321 33 67 29
- EU directive 2011/65/EU “ RoHS” on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. Products may no longer contain any of the following listed substances:
- Hexavalent chromium
- Polybrominated flame retardants PBB (polybrominated biphenyls)
- PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl ethers) above 0.1% by weight (in homogeneous materials)
- Cadmium above 0.01% by weight (in homogeneous materials)
- The RoHS directive allows for certain exemptions for a number of special purposes (e.g. optical glass).
- German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG and ElektroStoffV)
In Germany, the EU directive WEEE has been transferred into national law by the ElektroG and the EU directive RoHS by the ElektroStoffV.
- Implementation within Lighting and Imaging Business Unit
To fulfil the requirements of the ROHS and WEEE directives for the business unit Lighting and Imaging appropriate measures were taken starting with the first release of the RoHS in 2006 and consequently adjusted to ensure compliance with all updates of RoHS and WEEE.
- Declaration of RoHS compliance by suppliers
To conform to the requirements of the above mentioned directives and laws, the suppliers of Business Unit Lighting and Imaging need to confirm that the materials, substances and preparations delivered to SCHOTT AG comply with the above mentioned directives and laws. Our purchasing department will therefore contact all suppliers, asking them to forward their declarations of conformity.
- Declaration of ROHS compliance to our customers
To receive confirmation of compliance about products and components of the business unit Lighting and Imaging you can check your delivery note for a RoHS statement.
Alternatively you can check our download and certificates menu where you can find CE declarations of our products.
Furthermore you can contact our respective sales representative with your request. For fast processing the SCHOTT article number should be specified with the inquiry.