What’s your next milestone?
Global Lean Champion Business Unit Advanced Optics (f/m)
SCHOTT Advanced Optics, with its deep technological expertise, is a valuable partner for its customers in developing products and customized solutions for applications in optics, lithography, astronomy, opto-electronics, architecture, life sciences, and research. With a product portfolio of more than 120 optical glasses, special materials and components, we master the value chain: from customized glass development to high-precision optical product finishing and metrology.
The Global Lean Champion will be responsible for preparing and updating the Lean roadmap in close cooperation with our five production sites and the Head of Global Operations. He defines Lean improvements based on the Lean roadmap and will lead, promote, and drive Lean manufacturing together with the Lean Managers and Lean Experts of our production sites. The Lean Champions is responsible for sharing best practices and driving standardization across the BU. Coaching of the Lean Managers and Lean Experts will also be part of the responsibilities.
- Collaborates with Head of Global Operations AO, Lean managers, Lean Experts and the Site Manager on plans and corrective actions in cases of deviations from set activities
- Implements a Lean Operations System
- Plans, implements and directs Lean improvements and Kaizen workshops
- Prepares, organizes and conducts Lean trainings (e.g. Lean basics, Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Cooperates and enforces interactive experience / information exchanges within the BU and with other SCHOTT Business Units
- Supports the central team of Global Operational Excellence with pilot projects and will be responsible for coordinating all corresponding activities
- Informs Site management, Lean Managers, Lean Experts and the BU Head of Operations about the status and progress of the Lean management efforts and activities on site and BU Lean projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, chemistry or materials science
- Min. 5 years of experience in Lean Transformation in the field of production, supply chain or maintenance
- Several years of experience in leadership, project management or manufacturing, preferable as Head of Production or Supply Chain Manager
- A distinctive identification with the Lean principles
- Expertise in process stabilization and optimization (e.g. Six-Sigma, PSO Black Level)/ Six Sigma Black belts will be preferred
- Excellent command of the German and English language, preferably also good command of the French language
- Structured working style
- Communicative leadership style and assertiveness
- Presentation skills
- Distinctive social competence
- Open-minded towards change
- Willingness to travel
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment, which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application.
SCHOTT AG, Mainz Human Resources Mainz, Ellen Krill, +49 (0) 6131/66 2170Mainz, SCHOTT AG