What’s your next milestone?
Engineer / Production Engineering Project Manager (f/m)
Our Business Unit Lighting and Imaging offers challenging lighting and image transmission solutions for applications in the markets of automotive, aviation, medical devices, as well as industrial and safety engineering. With production units in Europe, North-America and the worldwide SCHOTT sales organization Lighting and Imaging is a leading supplier for fiber optic components.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer / Engineering Project Manager (m/f) for the Production Engineering department at the Mainz site.
- Operational integration and active participation in production processes
- (Sub-) Project management for new product launches at our production plants in Europe
- Creation of process descriptions, manuals etc.
- (Sub-) Project management for the improvement of existing processes in the production environment, particularly value streams, production processes and machines
- Practising and propagation of LEAN thinking
- Ensuring the required taining of employees for process stabilisation and optimisation and other tools for the purposes of continuous improvement
- Ensuring time-compliant delivery of prototypes in coordination with the interface functions (Application Engineering, Purchasing, Logistics, Development and Production)
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree in manufacturing/production technology or mechanical engineering
- At least 5-7 years of operational experience in the international production environment
- Profound expertise in process engineering and/or lean manufacturing
- Willingness to contribute this expertise to daily operations and to dive into the detail
- Solid knowledge of LEAN methodology, including 5S value stream mapping
- Six Sigma Black Belt qualification an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Strong result-orientation and reliability
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial thinking
- Structured and autonomous work style
- Strong team-spirit and own initiative
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good command of spoken and written German and English
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company.
By participating in global and customized training programs, SCHOTT supports your development in a cooperative and dynamic work environment. We work collaboratively with you to develop a rewarding and challenging career path and look forward to grow with you through our successes.
Interesting and challenging tasks in fields that impact our future, as well as a motivated and great team, await you. Do you want to succeed with us? Then send us your application to:
SCHOTT AG, Mainz, Human Resources, Babett Sternstein, +49 (0)6131-66-3485Mainz, SCHOTT AG