What’s your next milestone?
Master's thesis Production IT for Flat Glass (f/m)
SCHOTT Mainz is the headquarters of SCHOTT AG. Most of the business units are located here. They build the center of our innovations, our high developed technology, and research activities. SCHOTT Flat Glass meets the high requirements in creating aesthetic and individual glass solutions for household appliances, kitchen and living. With decades of know-how in glass processing and customized solutions, SCHOTT Flat Glass is the preferred partner in the household appliance industry. Cross linked production sites all over the world enable us to be a flexible and secure partner offering products complying with international standards.
The department Global Lean Management & Technology in the Business Unit Flat Glass in Mainz is looking for an intern (m/f) writing a Master's thesis in cooperation with the Legal Entity SCHOTT VTF in France on the subject of "Concept and Design of a highly flexible printing cell for control panels" as soon as possible for at least 4 to 6 months
Industry 4.0 stands for thoroughly implementation of latest developments in automation productivity in highly flexible operations. Based on these possibilities the structure of the printing area for control panels shall be changed in a way, that simultaneously several products control their way through the machinery and a maximum of printer utilization is achieved, by:
- Analysing the product and production order structure
- Proposing a suitable layout for a minimum, but highly flexible and simultaneous material flow
- Suggesting a suitable way to identify/code the glasses and scanner technology
- Generating a logic for how the production sequence/set-up is planned for utmost utilization of printers and minimum average throughput time
- Advanced MA studies in mechanical engineering or IT
- Specialisation in automation technology preferable
- Prior experience in production IT, intra logistics and simulation
- Very good English skills; French and German skills would be an advantage
- Flexible, reliable, team-oriented and able to work independently
- Willingness to travel to France temporarily
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas and supports your development.
SCHOTT AG, Mainz, HR Marketing/Recruiting, Bernice Wright, +49 (0)6131/66-2278Mainz, SCHOTT AG