What’s your next milestone?
Principal Scientist "Materials Informatics" (f/m)
In order to complete our team in the Simulation department of the Research and Development division, we are seeking a Principal Scientist for the field of Materials Informatics (m/f).
- Independent development of new mathematical methods and models for the "Materials Informatics" field for the targeted support of innovations for materials and products in the Schott Group
- Strategic alignment of the "Materials Informatics" field
- Application of different methods in materials modelling e.g. semi-empirical approaches, ab initio models and data-based machine-learning methods
- Conducting demanding projects with responsibility for results, budget and personnel
- Continuous monitoring of the patent/literature landscape in the expert field
- Responsible contact person in the SCHOTT Group for materials modelling-oriented problems regarding analysis and optimisation of material and product properties
- Maintenance of contacts with significant centres of excellence and occasional initiation of cooperations
- Involvement in scientific bodies and committees to ensure the company’s interests and as a representative for SCHOTT
- Occasional supervision of doctorate candidates and trainer/mentor for new employees.
- Doctorate in physics, materials or technically related engineering sciences
- Long-term professional industrial experience with in-depth knowledge of material modelling and manufacturing processes for the special glass industry
- Proven successful management of challenging development projects in Germany and abroad, with significant budgetary and personnel responsibility
- Fluent written and spoken English and strong target-group oriented communications skills.
Motivated and dedicated employees are a pre-requisite for the success of our company.
At SCHOTT, you therefore have the possibility to expand your personal skills in a comprehensive training programme within a friendly and dynamic working environment. Together, we will shape your personal career path and grow together through success.
Interesting and challenging tasks in fields that impact our future, as well as a motivated team, await you. Do you want to succeed with us? Then send us your application (online) to: SCHOTT AG, Human Resources Germany - Mainz, Mr Arthur-Robert AdlerMainz, SCHOTT AG