Conference 2008: Comments of employer
General comments of employer
- The SCHOTT EuroForum has been characterized by a trustful cooperation – especially the workshop held in November 2008.
- The topics discussed are very important from the employer’s point of view.
- We can only be successful together with the Works Council / union representatives.
Specific comments of employer on workshop results
Workshop I – Organization of Working Time
- Maximize flexibility in shift models for employees
- Importance of the health aspects in shift models
Workshop II – Health and Safety
- Top priority for the employer
- “The Luxembourg Declaration on Workplace Health Promotion in the European Union” – signed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Udo Ungeheuer (CEO)
=> voluntary self-commitment to improve health and “well-being” at every place of employment
- The main objective of the workshop is the establishment of an agreement at a European level and the harmonization of criteria.
Workshop III – Employee Suggestion System
- Employer attempts to find a European concept for an Employee Suggestion System.
- A commission has been defined to prepare the European concept until the end of 2009.
Workshop IV – Conflict Settlement
- In the workshop it was suggested to establish conflict managers in case of conflicts between employers and workers representatives.
- From the employer’s perspective it seems more sensible to ensure that both parties are well trained in conflict management; to bring in a third party will not be in the interest of the workers representatives.