The world’s first mass volume available, high strength, Ultra-Thin glass with no need for slimming
SCHOTT AS 87 eco is an aluminosilicate glass suited for chemical strengthening (via an ion exchange treatment) that offers a high level of mechanical impact resistance and bending strength, as well as high resistance to scratches.
It is available in mass volume with the highest strength in a thickness range of 100 - 350 μm.
- The world's first low thickness and ultra-high strength glass that is now available in mass production
- Extremely high impact and bending strength enables thinner, sleeker and more sensitive devices without compromising on strength
- Direct hot-forming resulting in extremely high geometric properties; no extra secondary thinning process needed
- Ultra-thin thickness available and wide thickness range (100 to 350 μm)
- Tight thickness tolerance of ± 10 or lower; minimum TTV and warp vs. slimmed products
- Pristine fire-polished, razor-thin cover glass for a clear visual quality; superior low defect counts and excellent roughness
- Excellent transmission characteristics
- Excellent technical support allows customers to leverage SCHOTT's expert know-how for fast learning curves at lower ramp up costs
- Environmentally friendly and complies with the regulations of RoHS and REACH
- No hydro fluoride (HF) usage in production (commonly used for slimming glass)
- SCHOTT AS 87 eco glass is being directly shipped to the customer from SCHOTT without intermediate glass slimming processors which makes the quality consistent and the supply reliable and faster to the market
The unique properties of SCHOTT AS 87 eco make it the optimal material for different applications: