One of the world’s broadest portfolios
SCHOTT Advanced Optics offers one of the world’s broadest portfolios of optical filter glasses for a full spectral solution that meets your requirements.
Our portfolio glasses are melted regularly and have a long-term availability. These glasses will remain in our portfolio for at least the next 5 years.
Optical filter glass is known for its selective absorption in the visible wavelength range. If their filter effect lies within the visible light spectrum, optical filter glasses appear to be colored.
Numerous colorants with different concentrations and many different base glasses have been created to facilitate the development of an assortment of filters, some with filter properties.
SCHOTT’s optical filter glasses include the following filter types in the wavelength range above 200 nm:
- Bandpass filters - Light of a certain wavelengths can pass through these filters
- Longpass filters - Long wavelengths of light can pass through these filters
- Shortpass filters - Short wavelengths of light can pass through these filters
- Neutral density filters - These filters have almost constant attenuation inside the visible spectrum
- Contrast enhancement filters - Specially developed filters for display applications that deliver clarity (green displays) and true color rendition in full color displays
- Multiband filter - Light of several bands of wavelengths can pass through this filter
- Photo filters - UVW-365, Yellow 490, Grey filter 25 & 50, Orange 565, Red 600 & 625, Yellow-Orange 550
You can find optical filter glass datasheets
in the Downloads
In addition to the Glass Filters - Catalogue, we also include a filter calculation tool
. This tool will assess your needs and provide you with the appropriate solution for your individual needs. Please refer to our Technical Articles & Tools
for more information about our custom optical solutions.
Our colored glass filters have been assigned to the following filter groups:
- UG: Black and blue glasses, UV transmitting
- BG: Blue, blue-green, and multi-band glasses
- VG: Green glass
- GG: Virtually colorless to yellow glasses, IR transmitting
- OG: Orange glasses, IR transmitting
- RG: Red and black glasses, IR transmitting
- NG: Neutral density glasses with uniform attenuation in the visible range
- N-WG: Colorless glasses with different cutoffs in the UV spectrum, transmitting in the visible range and the IR
- KG: Virtually colorless glasses with high transmission in the visible and effective absorption in the IR (heat protection filters)
For more information about our supply forms and dimensional tolerances, please refer to the ‘Optical Filter Glass - Catalogue’ that can be found under Downloads
or contact us.
Materials typically used in colored glass filters include basic glass types including, ionically-colored glass filters and colloidally colored glass.
We can custom-manufacture these products to meet customer specifications according to the ISO 10110 standard as well as MIL specs:
- Spectral specifications - according to datasheet
- Spectral range - from 250 nm to 3200 nm
- Optical density - from 0 to 6
- Thickness tolerance - up to 0.001 mm
- Polish - P3 or P4
- Quality control is based on a statistical process as well as final inspections
- Measurement instruments include a broad range of spectrophotometers, vision systems, etc.