The down-draw process developed exclusively by SCHOTT is used in Grünenplan to produce thin glasses and ultra clear flat glasses. During this process, a ribbon of glass is pulled down from the top, moving across various drums and through the cooling track.
Advanced Optics uses this process to produce SCHOTT AS 87 eco, the D 263® series, and AF 32® eco glasses, among others.
Main characteristics of the down-draw process
- A flawless surface with a surface roughness of < 1nm
- Broad thickness spectrum from 1.1 to 30 µm
- Fast conversion to various glass types
- Very high TTV (total thickness variation) and curvature specifications
- High flexibility in regards to output and thickness.