Coating Development Service
Functional and Decorative Coatings
- Barrier: PICVD is our unique technology for internally coating hollow bodies – in this case with highly-efficient, transparent barrier coatings.
- Anti-scratch: a new, highly transparent, scratch-resistant hard coating that protects glass.
- Easy-to-clean [PDF]: a durable low maintenance coating that helps to keep your home appliances clean.
Our service offerings
- Development of functional and decorative coatings that meet your specifications
- Small-scale production
- Design of coating machines and components
- Functionality and reliability tests
- Composition and microstructure. See also our Analysis Measurement Service.
- On coating questions relevant to your business: coating development and application support, specifications, equipment supplier, technical and market research, and more.
Please download our brochure:
Our Coating Expertise
You can benefit from the knowledge and experience of the scientists, engineers and technicians who work for SCHOTT and have access to unique cutting-edge tools.
- Over 30 years of coating experience
- Coverage of the entire product development process:
- Process and product development
- Design and set-up of lab and pilot production coaters
- Process transfer to production
- Flat and curved substrates, including inside coating of hollow bodies with high uniformity
- Coatings on glass, glass-ceramics and plastic substrates
- Various functionalities, including decorative coatings
- Alignment of application tests and specifications with customer demands
- State-of-the-art characterization and testing
- Design of optical coatings
Dr. Tobias Kälber