Determination of the Chemical Composition
Unusual analytical questions are our daily work. Based on more than 500 analytical methods and equipped with state-of-the-art analytical instruments, we are accustomed to finding fast and efficient analytical solutions beyond routine analysis that range from ultratrace contamination analysis to high precision main component determination.
Typical tasks are:
- High-precision determination of material compositions:
quality control and material or process development, IP issues
- Screening composition analysis:
fast identification and trouble shooting
- Trace and ultratrace analysis:
material qualification, failure analysis, RoHS certificates, REACH assessment
Example 1: Composition
Determination of the composition of a special glass by X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry. High accuracy and precision are obtained using matrix-specific calibration.
Example 2: Ultratrace analysis
Ultratrace analysis of chromium in zirconium oxide with Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrometry GF-AAS in a clean room environment.
Example 3: solid state trace analysis
Determination of trace elements in a glass- ceramic through Laser Ablation ICP Mass Spectrometry
Because we specialize in glass and glass-ceramics, we offer many different standard international methods, as well as special customized methods for characterizing the chemical properties of the materials, for example resistance to chemicals and extreme climates, or their leaching behavior. The examination of pharmaceutical packaging materials is one main focus.
- X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy XRF
- Mass Spectrometry ICP-MS and Laser Ablation ICP-MS
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometry F-AAS, GF-AAS, HG-AAS
- Atomic Emission Spectrometry ICP-OES, Spark-OES
- Wet Chemistry Gravimetry, Titration, Photometry, Species Analysis
- Chemical Durability Tests
- Hot gas extraction methods for C, O, S, N determination
- Ion Chromatography
- Various digestion techniques
Dr. Ralf Eiden
Dr. Annette Walther