Employees & Families
We have established programs such as our "Zero Accident Program" to further reduce our accident rates and the occurrence of work-related accidents. In addition, our facilities are assessed routinely for risks and safety.
These efforts have reduced our accident rate in the last four years by 30 percent.
In addition to our "Zero Accident Program" we introduced our "Ergonomic Program" to improve the ergonomic workplace conditions.
Our goal is: "To make workplace conditions appropriate for employees"
- Modify jobs to fit capabilities of the people
- Reduce MSDs (Musculoskeletal Disorders) by reducing the manual handling of weight
- Engineering controls and accident preventive workspace design
- Safe work practices
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
These measures have a positive impact on the avoidance of injury risks and illness and have resulted in increased employee satisfaction.
Our comprehensive health management offers employees occupational medical support and emergency medical care. Preventive health measures, such as skin cancer screenings, examinations for the early detection of diseases of the circulatory system and advice and training on health-related issues are voluntarily offered in our plants. Also a worldwide health campaign has been started to inform employees about the risk of diabetes. A comprehensive information package explains the facts about this dangerous disease, the top risk factors and prevention.
Return-to-work discussions help to analyze the root causes of accidents. In case of a long-term absence due to illness or accident, the employees often need workplace rehabilitation to permit them to gradually return to work and to become part of the working culture once again.
We at SCHOTT Flat Glass attach high importance to personnel policy worldwide. As an important pillar within this policy we support social and educational programs in the communities where we operate. Each site sets its own focus and determines its efforts according to local criteria. During the course of the year, a large variety of activities is realized.
- Invitations to employees and their families to visit the workplace and the entire site
- Art contests for the children of our employees; a calendar with the children’s artwork is then given as a gift to employees
- Reimbursement of education fees for employees and their children
- Training programs to improve employment opportunities for children from 16-18 years of age from socially disadvantaged families
- Support of local sporting events or clubs
- Open-house days in the plants for families and neighbours
- Sponsorship of projects for people with disabilities